"The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps".

Monday, May 14, 2012

Blogging from the streets of Okahandja

In the picture you can see what is basically downtown Okahandja. I am waiting for one of the home stay family members then we head to the capital. I also stopped by the Garden Cafe to say goodbye to Tony and Catherine. We have the transportation reserved ( a friend of the family's car) and ready when we are. I do have to say that Okahandja is a nice place to live. It isn't too big and it has anything anyone needs. If not, the capital Windhoek is only 45 minutes away. In Namibia 45 minutes away is considered kind of close. So soon it is Windhoek and another world. It probably is a good thing as I am slowly becoming adjusted to city life again. After 3 years in the bush with no stores and intermittent electricity, easing into the life of everything for me, is best done slowly. I don't want to lose the simple way of life I've grown to prefer. I think it will take an effort to maintain my preference for simplicity. But I will live a simple life there ... somehow. So, now it's away to Windhoek. One more step to go.

No comments: