"The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps".

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Easy Saturday

Yeah it was a really easy/lazy day. There isn't any water to go fetch because there is no water coming out the taps. Reason being, there is no fuel for the generator at the bore hole. It will be either Monday or Tuesday when the water will be running again, they said. I am sure you can imagine how it affects the daily routine. In this respect the villages I lived in while in El Salvador and Senegal were better. There it was your basic well with rope, bucket and pulley (if we were lucky) but there was always water. Also there was the classic meeting for two in the afternoon that only three people attended when they arrived at four. What was accomplished was the decision that we'd meet tomorrow at two in the afternoon. Of course I am thinking, yeah, tomorrow, you and everyone else will be there on time? You'se guys think I'm a sap? I'm showing up at four, of course they'd probably show up on time. Then again I'd look like a sap. So what to do? Go at two and look stupid sitting there for two hours or come at four while they arrived at two. Well seeing as this an easy day, I'll just sit here and think about what time to show up tomorrow.

No comments: