"The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps".

Thursday, May 7, 2009

What was I talking about

It was a classic case of 'build it and they will come' or 'it's always darkest before the dawn', plain and simple. In less than 24 hours we went from 5 players to thinking about starting a girl's league with 4 teams. This morning we had 25 girls and supposedly they are only half. So they had a game and it was great. They can sure run and the field is as sandy as a beach. That even raised the intensity of their training. It might give them an advantage over other teams who play on better quality fields. In the picture they are sitting in the shade after the game. The score was 1 to 1 and they all played their hearts out. So the humble beginnings statement I made in yesterday's blog entry makes me think, what was I talking about. Hopefully it continues to grow and doesn't back slide. I don't want to have to make a blog entry titled 'what was I talking about talking about'.

No comments: