"The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps".

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Music and memories

We all have those songs or artists that bring our minds and emotions back in time. In El Salvador it was Jose Luis Guerra and in Senegal it was Yousof N'Dour's sister, Viviane. In Romania it was Nicolae Gupta a Roma man who sings in the music genre 'Manele'. Even though it is early in my Namibia tour. I have found the artist that will probably be the one that will forever bring me back to Namibia. She is a South African Gospel singer named Rebecca Malope. Just do a You Tube or Google search to hear her sing. Just a great voice and an uplifting spirit (in my opinion). One of the great bonuses of going to various regions in the world is that I get to become aware of these tremendous singers and their songs. Maybe as it is so early in my tour, Rebecca could change as the artist that could transport me to Namibia. But she will definitely be one of them.

No comments: