"The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps".

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another beautiful morning ...

In Okahandja. Just took a picture of what I'm looking at while waiting for a ride to the training center. I have a little LLBean keychain thermometer and it's telling me that it is 70 degrees. Also with the small amount of vehicles around, the air is just so clear and fresh. This is my first time in or living in the southern hemisphere. So as the people in the northern hemisphere are marching into spring, we in the southern are entering autumn. I will be in the northern part of Namibia and closer to the equator. So how cold it may be? They tell me that it can get very chilly. So I am thinking that when I get to the village that I'll take my little thermometer and cell phone with camera and internet and go to the dung filled airstrip and play a bush weather man. Then I'll write a blog with the weather as it is. I wonder what the villagers would think about their 1 American community member.

No comments: