"The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps".

Saturday, April 14, 2012

One less last minute project

Today the New Gospel Church Choir finally got
together to make their music DVD.
In the picture you can see the interest it created as
a bunch of people showed up at the airport to
watch some of the filming.
When we first got there I noticed that there was
about 5 or 6 extra kids who tagged along. After
the third song I happened to turn around and
then saw all these people. It was ok and upped
the intensity of the choir.
The photo was taken as we were moving to
another location after filming four songs.
In total we filmed 11 songs and each got better
as they warmed up.
I now have all the clips, pictures and songs I
need to compile into a DVD for them.
With an hour and a half of electricity a day it
should take me a few days to get it all set.
I filmed it with a generation 1 Flip camera so it
isn't a Hollywood production by any means but
it actually is, ok.

The djwara project still has some to go and with
two weekends left, I am getting a little concerned
that that project may not be finished enough
(like totally) and we won't be able to have the
inaugural festivities while I am here. So, I am
hoping tomorrow we can plant another bunch
of poles and make progress.
I am really wanting to take a few pictures of
the building of one of the San (Bushman) huts
that is programmed for the djwara project.
I want to write about it and add it to this blog.
Other than that, time is going too fast and it is
time to start throwing out junk and thinking
about packing.

No comments: