"The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps".

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Footing in Rundu

Even though English is spoken in many countries
there are differences.
The header is an example of that. In the States the
header would be ... Walking in Rundu. But here, if
I said the word walking, not too many people would
understand what I was trying to say. Time and time
again I keep forgetting and use the word walking and
have to consciously make a note to remember to
use 'footing' the next time.
I took the picture while footing to the food store
and the land on the other side of the river is
the neighboring Angola.
At the moment I am in the Capital and hopefully
by Friday it is back in the village. I've received
a message that the drum we had a man make
who lives two villages over, is finished.
It will be the property of the Young San Cultural
Group and it should be the first of two. We are
having a little trouble finding a goat skin for the
second drum and when I get back I hope that
we can get on that.
So for now, it is goodbye from Windhoek.

No comments: