"The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps".

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Took over half a century ...

To finally get that picture that you always think
... where's the camera when you need it.
You are looking a just such a picture in the above
photo. Also, I am wondering if you can figure out
exactly what is going on.
If you can make out a guy laying on his back with
his legs wrapped around an approximately 4 ft drum,
and playing his heart out, then you are right.
This picture I took at the dance festival a few weeks
ago and kind of had a hesitation to post it on this blog.
At first glance there appears to be hints of perversion
permeating or reeking from the snap shot. But after
debating between delete or posting it, I came to the
conclusion that the world needed to know that there
is a guy in the southern Africa region of the world
who is passionate with all the percussionist fibers of
his being.
I was actually extremely lucky that I could take the
picture. It was taken with a cell phone and per chance
at the time of viewing a text message I had just
received. I happened to be able to kind of see it
from the corner of my eye and was able to activate
the camera function before he decided to return to a
perpendicular posture like the rest of us.
Yup, is about all I can say besides, after all these
years, when you think you've seen it all, join
the Peace Corps. You'll definitely be in a position
to ... think you've seen it all ... almost on a daily basis.
Hopefully won't have to wait over another half century
to be able to actually take that ... where is the camera when
you need it shot again.

No comments: