"The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps".

Monday, March 30, 2009

Driving on the other side

Here in Namibia they drive on the other side of the road as opposed to the States. It is similar to Britain. This is the first country I've lived in that does it. I took a picture of the location of the steering wheel in hope of giving you an idea of what it's like. I am still getting used to which side of the street to walk on so as to be walking against the oncoming traffic. For those of you who haved lived or live in a country that uses the British road protocol, this is nothing new. But I can only say that after driving over 40 something years, that it is kind of awkward sitting on the what is the passenger side of one of these cars here and not have a steering wheel in front of me.

No comments: